Often, people take on twitter with passion, acquire a number of followers and feel great about them! However success in social media is not just about adding large number of followers but about engaging with them. Engaging your audience will increase website traffic, customer loyalty, Seo and sales. Keeping this in mind, I am sharing some of my tips on engaging your audience on twitter :
- Listen : Pay attention to your followers tweets and respond to them. I remember when one of my followers had her website hacked and I helped her to get it back. Helping people in small ways is the best way to build long term relationships on twitter
- Retweet : Look for tweets which other followers may be interested in and retweet them.
- Take it offline : If you see that there is potential for you and a follower to collaborate, organise a tweetup (a meeting offline)
- Put tweets with valuable facts and figures, or with some interesting news.
- Use humour : There are so many opportunities to lighten up the atmosphere and make people laugh. If something funny happened yesterday, share it with your followers
- Upload images on flickr and tweet about them
- Upload videos on youtube and tweet about them.
I am sure I have only uncovered a few basic points here. What works best for you?
If you want to learn indepth about getting sales from Twitter, come to our internet marketing workshops being held in March