Are you a small business and clueless about Search Engine Optimisation?
SEO may seem daunting but to be above your competitors and improve sales, you have to move with the growing online environment. In simple terms SEO means improving the navigation, content, and link popularity of your website for better rankings on search engines. This helps your site to be found easily by the search engines and considered relevant for the terms your buyers use to find your products or services. If you have the time to update your web regularly with links, content, etc here are some basic DIY SEO marketing tools to help get your website a higher Google ranking:
- Title your pages with SEO keywords relevant to the page content and your business services. Add your state location and country if you are national.
- The description field is important and may be used by search engines in their index to describe your site. This is not always the case, but in any event your description field should be filled out with a short description of your site, business or page content to maximise your SEO.
- Keywords are key! The keywords field should only have keywords that are directly relevant to your page content or your business. For example for an on-line shoe store use keywords such as ‘high heel’ or ‘ballet shoes’ – key words that are relevant to your products.
- Do not use the exact same title tag on every page on your website. Search engine robots might determine that all your pages are the same if all your title tags are the same. If this happens, your pages might not get indexed.
- Stay away from spam email “SEO Professionals” – there have been known cases of clients having their site hacked with spam codes and their money stolen by such hackers. If you are dealing with an out of country provider you will generally have very little chance of prosecution or recovery of your money.
- DIY SEO or professional SEO advice? If you are tight on budget, it may be advisable to take a few hours of consultation from an SEO expert and do the work yourself. Otherwise if your service/product is in a competitive industry it is advisable to seek a professional SEO service. Chances are that your competition would have hired experts whereas you would still be learning. Also, don’t forget that SEO is a rigorous, time consuming process and demands ongoing effort. If you think you will trouble maintaining your website and your online marketing then it is best off leaving it to the experts.
Still stumped about SEO? If you want to learn more about SEO, come and attend our ‘SEO & Google Analytics Workshop’ held on the 3rd JUNE. This is in insightful half day workshop that explains in easy to understand terms what YOU can do to increase your Google ranking by using SEO. https://arrowdigital.com.au/internet-marketing-workshops.php